Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

McNiff-Leitrim-Inishmagrath

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Mahan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 1998 1:55 pm    Post subject: McNiff-Leitrim-Inishmagrath Reply with quote

I think I have narrowed down my Hugh McNiff to either the townland of Greaghnablough or Tullintowel in northern part of Inishmagrath. We also have suspected relatives from Drumduffy which is over the line in Killarga.

Is anyone tracking these McNiffs. Other names in the mystery include Gaynor, Darcy, Trower.

They Mcniffs settled in the Littleton/Ayer/Harvard/Marlbor area of Mass.

mahan@cts.com

Jim Reilly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 1998 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: McNiff-Leitrim-Inishmagrath Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I think I have narrowed down my Hugh McNiff to either the townland of Greaghnablough or Tullintowel in northern part of Inishmagrath. We also have suspected relatives from Drumduffy which is over the line in Killarga.

: Is anyone tracking these McNiffs. Other names in the mystery include Gaynor, Darcy, Trower.

: They Mcniffs settled in the Littleton/Ayer/Harvard/Marlbor area of Mass.
Hi, I have a Bridget McNiff in my research list
of names. At the time of her marriage in 1866
(Innismagrath) to
a Peter Darcy she was aged 18 years and her place
of residence at the time of marriage was Gowlaun.
Her father was James McNiff a Farmer.
Peter Darcy was 'Full age, a Shoemaker from
Lisnanorris and his father was Myles Darcy also
a Farmer.

jim55@bigfoot.com

Denis O'Brien

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 1998 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: McNiff-Leitrim-Inishmagrath Reply with quote

: I think I have narrowed down my Hugh McNiff to either the townland of Greaghnablough or Tullintowel in northern part of Inishmagrath. We also have suspected relatives from Drumduffy which is over the line in Killarga.

: Is anyone tracking these McNiffs. Other names in the mystery include Gaynor, Darcy, Trower.

: They Mcniffs settled in the Littleton/Ayer/Harvard/Marlbor area of Mass.

I have a Hugh McNiff that I need more information on. Maybe you could help. I know that Hugh McNiff(birthplace date and wife unknown) fathered Kate, Ellen, Mary, Bessie and Patrick (location and dates unknown). Patrick Married Kate Peters the had children:
Catherine born 1866
Francis Joseph ?
William Patrick ?
Caroline Born May 23, 1869
Caroline went on to marry John Webster Dougherty who were my Great Grand Parents. I know it is a long shot but I thought I would try to see if this could be the same Hugh McNiff. Thanks.
Denis OB

virtual777@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: