Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: TIGUE, TIGHE Names

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leanne Hyett

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 1997 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: TIGUE, TIGHE Names Reply with quote

Hi - welcome from Australia. Our great grandfather, Michael Tighe, arrived in Australia in the 1860's from Rosscommon, Ireland. His father was Martin Tighe (Blacksmith) and mother , Mary Daly. For Jamie Canning, I find it interesting that one of Michael's daughters, married a Canning in Cunnamulla, western Queensland, Australia. Still searching for any connections of the family.
Many thanks, Leanne and John Hyett.

: : My surname was changed to TigUe, from tigHe, about 45-50 years ago. I have NO information on ancestors in Ireland. Wud apc. someday learning which county to look for my roots.
: : Father, grandfather, great-grandfather were coal miners in the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton Area of NE Pennsylvania. May have entered USA through Philadelphia in the 1880s.
: : I now teach school in Los Angeles. Thank you in advance, if anyone can toss me even a tidbit of information.
: : -Bill Tigue

: I have Tighe relatives who are based in Killeshandra, Co. Cavan. Francie Tighe, whose family was from Leitrim, married my aunt Greta (nee Curran). You might want to contact
: the Leitrim Geneology Centre and submit a basic search for the Tighe's. I can also tell you that some of my father's family (the Cannings from Gortlettragh parish in Leitrim) also settled
: in Pennsylvania and worked in the mines. It seems to have been a common destination for Leitrim men in the 1800's.

:
: Hope this is helpful.
: Jamie Canning

jhyett@picknowl.com.au

Michael Bradican

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 1997 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TIGUE, TIGHE Names Reply with quote

: Hi - welcome from Australia. Our great grandfather, Michael Tighe, arrived in Australia in the 1860's from Rosscommon, Ireland. His father was Martin Tighe (Blacksmith) and mother , Mary Daly. For Jamie Canning, I find it interesting that one of Michael's daughters, married a Canning in Cunnamulla, western Queensland, Australia. Still searching for any connections of the family.
: Many thanks, Leanne and John Hyett.

: : : My surname was changed to TigUe, from tigHe, about 45-50 years ago. I have NO information on ancestors in Ireland. Wud apc. someday learning which county to look for my roots.
: : : Father, grandfather, great-grandfather were coal miners in the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton Area of NE Pennsylvania. May have entered USA through Philadelphia in the 1880s.
: : : I now teach school in Los Angeles. Thank you in advance, if anyone can toss me even a tidbit of information.
: : : -Bill Tigue

: : I have Tighe relatives who are based in Killeshandra, Co. Cavan. Francie Tighe, whose family was from Leitrim, married my aunt Greta (nee Curran). You might want to contact
: : the Leitrim Geneology Centre and submit a basic search for the Tighe's. I can also tell you that some of my father's family (the Cannings from Gortlettragh parish in Leitrim) also settled
: : in Pennsylvania and worked in the mines. It seems to have been a common destination for Leitrim men in the 1800's.

: :
: : Hope this is helpful.
: : Jamie Canning

Michael Bradican

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 1997 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TIGUE, TIGHE Names Reply with quote

I'm trying to re-establish contact with an old friend who moved to Los Angeles named Bill Tigue. Please reply if you get this.:

MBradican@aol.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: