Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: Mcgarry-Murray

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicholas McGarry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mcgarry-Murray Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : <

: Hi Every one
: Stella McGarry [Murray] born 1929,is my grandfathers cousin.As best I know her father Michael was the eldest who stayed on the farm.Then brothers Tom (my great grandfather) left for England and finally settled in Manchester circa 1910 and Owen emigrated to the USA. Tom McGarry foundered our business McGarry Memorials in 1919 and had at least 4 children Katie (who we have lost touch with)Owen who I met as a young child moved to Chicargo and set up a Taxi business John, my granda who follow was also a monumental mason, and Modwyn who married Jimmy Maher (tram conductor)who Joined Tom in the business shortly after getting married. On retirement Tom split his two site business between Grandad "Jack" and Uncle Jimmy. When Jack's yard was bought by the Government to build the M63 motorway he retired from the masonary trade leaving his stock, tools & contacts to my fater, his eldest son Owen. He then bought a Radio and Television Retail business with his youngest son my Uncle Rick. Owen then moved over to his uncle Jimmy's yard and bought it from him when he retired in 1970. Owen married to Bernice has two Childrenand is recently retired. My younger Sister Stephanie and I now run the Memorial business with two other partners. Stephanie is not married but I have a wife Caroline, two sons Nathan (10)Aidan (9) and a daughter Brogan (1). My uncle Rick has a wife Anne and three daughters. Jane has a partner Paul a Son Elliot (7ish) and twin dauhters Alex and Kate (2). Gillian is married to Richard and has a daughter Samantha (same age as Elliot)and Racheal the youngest is unmarried.

Owen & I took my boys over to meet Stella and Dermot Murray at Raheela in the summer of 2000 and we also met up with my fathers cousin John Joe McCann who had flown in from Chicargo.

If you want to get in touch you can via our website www.mcgarrymemorials.co.uk

Nick McGarry

nick@mcgarrymemorials.co.uk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: