Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Re: Mcgarry-Murray

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Reilly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Mcgarry-Murray Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : <

: Hi Tim,
: Stella McGarry [Murray] born 1929 is the youngest of the McGarry family: Beth, Kathleen ,Vincent and Stella. She is the only surviving member. She and Dermot live near the top of Casserley's hill in Raheela, 2 or 3 miles from Fenchpark. My ancestral home was near the top of this hill on the other side of the road.My father,John, emigrated to England with his father,Thomas, in the late 1880s leaving behind my great-uncle Michael and his wife Maggie [nee Forde] and her brother Andrew who were later joined by my uncle Tom
: after the death of Michael.
: Between 1933 and 1939 I spent virtually all the school holidays at my uncle Tom's farm in Raheela md became great friends with Beth, Kathleen and Vincent McGarry nd many other teenagers in the district.Stella was only a child at the time.
: After the war,I became a teacher and taught in England,Malaya and Singapore, Lomdon ,Australia and finally New Zealand from 1964, where I now live; I retired in 1979.
: Stella is not on the internet,-- her postal address is;
: Stella and Dermot Murray,Raheela, Frenchpark, Co. Roscommon, Ireland.
: The attached photos are: the view from outside Stella's house looking down Casserley's hill towards the McGarry ancestral home.Dermot on the right with 2 of Stella's cousins from England [Stella took the photo !] ,the other is of me ,recently.
: More details from Stella's 3-page letter to me recently if you're interested.
: What do you mean by your "automatic" ?

: John Reilly

I discovered that the information in this message is incorrect, Stella McGarry is cousin to Beth, Kathleen and Vince, not their sister.She lived in the house opposite.
She objects to having her privacy invaded by various people and would like to be left in peace in future.Please ignore the whole of the original message.
John Reilly

john57@xtra.co.nz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: