Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

CAVANAGH and TIERNAN Families

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Ullrich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: CAVANAGH and TIERNAN Families Reply with quote

I'm looking for information on my mother's grandfather, MICHAEL CAVANAGH, who was born 19 March 1840 in Roscommon County, Ireland. His daughter, Catherine Teresa CAVANAGH, is my grandmother. I don't know exactly when he immigrated to New York.

We have the following information: MICHAEL CAVANAGH died 1 Jan. 1918 in Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. He married ELLEN TIERNAN but this may be his second wife. She was born 14 April 1841 in Ireland, and died 18 Nov. 1914 in Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. Children of MICHAEL CAVANAGH and ELLEN TIERNAN are: GENEVIEVE CAVANAGH b. 25 July 1872, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York; d. 2 May 1944, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. and CATHERINE TERESA CAVANAGH, b. 28 November 1880, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York; d. 25 May 1942, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York.

Steve Ullrich
Rockville, MD

ullrich@erols.com

Patsy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: CAVANAGH and TIERNAN Families Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: I'm looking for information on my mother's grandfather, MICHAEL CAVANAGH, who was born 19 March 1840 in Roscommon County, Ireland. His daughter, Catherine Teresa CAVANAGH, is my grandmother. I don't know exactly when he immigrated to New York.

: We have the following information: MICHAEL CAVANAGH died 1 Jan. 1918 in Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. He married ELLEN TIERNAN but this may be his second wife. She was born 14 April 1841 in Ireland, and died 18 Nov. 1914 in Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. Children of MICHAEL CAVANAGH and ELLEN TIERNAN are: GENEVIEVE CAVANAGH b. 25 July 1872, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York; d. 2 May 1944, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. and CATHERINE TERESA CAVANAGH, b. 28 November 1880, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York; d. 25 May 1942, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York.

: Steve Ullrich
: Rockville, MD

Hi Steve - no direct information on your message but do you belong to or know about the C/Kavanagh clan organisation? If not, you can visit the web page - KavanaghFamily.com - there is an extensive genealogy section available to members and you can post messages there. Cheers

pkoshea@xtra.co.nz

Mark Cooke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: CAVANAGH and TIERNAN Families Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: : I'm looking for information on my mother's grandfather, MICHAEL CAVANAGH, who was born 19 March 1840 in Roscommon County, Ireland. His daughter, Catherine Teresa CAVANAGH, is my grandmother. I don't know exactly when he immigrated to New York.

: : We have the following information: MICHAEL CAVANAGH died 1 Jan. 1918 in Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. He married ELLEN TIERNAN but this may be his second wife. She was born 14 April 1841 in Ireland, and died 18 Nov. 1914 in Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. Children of MICHAEL CAVANAGH and ELLEN TIERNAN are: GENEVIEVE CAVANAGH b. 25 July 1872, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York; d. 2 May 1944, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York. and CATHERINE TERESA CAVANAGH, b. 28 November 1880, Brooklyn, Kings Co., New York; d. 25 May 1942, Brooklyn, Kings Co.,
: : Steve Ullrich
: : Rockville, MD

:hi steve. My greatgrandmother was called Ellen Tiernan.(by marriage) However, she was born in 1867. I am just wondering how close the 2 are related? My great great grandfather (Hugh Tiernan) was born in 1811. Do you know if you have any links to Strokestown, Co. Roscommon? If so, check 1901 search; Townsland, Cregga. Parish, Kiltrustan. Sorry if this is no use to you. Good luck. Mark

emeraldschoolofmotoring@eircom.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: