Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Naylors in Roscommon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Naylor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: Naylors in Roscommon Reply with quote

Whilst researching my family history in Lancashire I have finally found a great great grandfather by the name of James Naylor, who on the 1871 census put his bithplace down as Roscommon. There are not many Naylor's in Ireland and I was rather surprised. Is anyone researching the Naylors out there? Is it likely that the name he ended up with in Lancashire is a corruption or misspelling of a more truly Irish name. Any advice welcome before I embark on the next leg of the hunt...for Great Great Great Grandfather Patrick

ns01@gre.ac.uk

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Naylors in Roscommon Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Whilst researching my family history in Lancashire I have finally found a great great grandfather by the name of James Naylor, who on the 1871 census put his bithplace down as Roscommon. There are not many Naylor's in Ireland and I was rather surprised. Is anyone researching the Naylors out there? Is it likely that the name he ended up with in Lancashire is a corruption or misspelling of a more truly Irish name. Any advice welcome before I embark on the next leg of the hunt...for Great Great Great Grandfather Patrick

Steven, if you have already tried this, do a Naylor and Ireland search on www.google.com

The Naylor name in Ireland shows up quite a few times.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: