Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Hannelly - Strokestown, Co. Roscommon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earle Flynn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Hannelly - Strokestown, Co. Roscommon Reply with quote

Recent searches for the birthplace of a Bridget Hanley have surfaced an interesting item. A christening record for a Brigidam Hannelly, January 18, 1835, Strokestown RC Parish, Co. Roscommon was found on the LDS web site. The parents listed on the IGI record were Dermotti Hannelly and Winifrida Morahan. Please note that these records were transcribed from the original latin church registers by an LDS researcher.

The mother's name Winifrida Morahan (Winifred Morahan) corresponds to the records that I have found here in MAssachusetts. However, the father's name Darby does not correspond to this Dermotti (Dermot). The christening date does correspond with my records +/- 2 years which is reasonable.

Does anyone know what the latin equivalent for Darby is? Was their a latin equivalent for Darby or did the PP assume a latin saintly name for the father?

I have been looking for this Bridget Hanley for three years and had always assumed that she was from Kilglass Parish. Probably just another wrong assumption on my part.

Any help appreciated in trying to unravel this mystery.

Thanks
Earle Flynn
Massachusetts

dflynn51@attbi.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: