Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Giblins of Frenchpark 1876

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David E. Ollerton.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Giblins of Frenchpark 1876 Reply with quote

Trying to construct family tree of my grandfather Daniel Giblin dob 17.2.1876 son of Dominnick Giblin and Margaret Giblin (formerly Patten) of Kilgarriff, Frenchpark, Castlerea, Roscommon. Dominnick was a shoemaker by profession. Birth certificate of Daniel dated 17.3.1876, Registrar being Jordan Loughlin. Daniel had a brother called James Giblin who I believe was younger. They both came to Liverpool England around 1900.

daveo@tesco.net

Tom Voyles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Giblins of Frenchpark 1876 Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Trying to construct family tree of my grandfather Daniel Giblin dob 17.2.1876 son of Dominnick Giblin and Margaret Giblin (formerly Patten) of Kilgarriff, Frenchpark, Castlerea, Roscommon. Dominnick was a shoemaker by profession. Birth certificate of Daniel dated 17.3.1876, Registrar being Jordan Loughlin. Daniel had a brother called James Giblin who I believe was younger. They both came to Liverpool England around 1900.

David,
I found the birth registration reference for Daniel Giblin
in the 1876 Civil Registration birth index yesterday
at my LDS. His birth was registered in the Castlerea
Superintendent Registration District (which includes
Kilgarriff Townland). According to the index Daniel's birth
registration is on page 186 of volume 4 of 1876 births.
Volume 4 is on LDS microfilm reels FHL 0255948 and 0255949,
which you can order from Salt Lake through your LDS.
My experience has been that when a volume is too large
for one reel that Co. Roscommon births are on the
first reel of the two (0255948 in this case.

Good luck.
Tom Voyles

ntvoyles@netzero.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: