Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

William Scally Family Carrowbehy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: William Scally Family Carrowbehy Reply with quote

My Grandfather, Thomas Scally was born on 10/20/ 1893 in Carrowbehy, which is in the county of Roscommon, in the Barony of FrenchPark, the Parish of Tibohine, the PLU Castlereagh and the Province on Connaught. From Thomas's birth certificate, I know his parents were William and Elenor Boyne. Birth was recorded in the District of Ballaghadeaaen, the registrar's District of Caskleea, in the county of Mayo and Roscommon. I am sure these spellings are incorrect. I also have a copy of the baptismal certificate, for the Diocese of Elphin, in the Parish of Longhglynn. The godparents were Hubert and Catherine Kane.

I know from the 1901 census, that William was a farmer, Ann Regan, listed as mother lived with them and there were now four children. Thomas, Thady, Anne and Michael. From my grandfather Thomas, Elenor died young and William remarried. There were three more sons from the second wife. All four of the children from Elenor came to American in the 1920's and never went back to visit. The three sons from the second marriage did not marry and stayed in Ireland.

This is all the information I have of my relatives in Ireland. I am coming to visit in early spring next year and would like to visit in that area and find out more about my Ireland family. If someone knows about the Scally family or the area, your response would be welcomed.

cfechter@charter.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: