Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

Margaret REDDY, Tullaghan, Roscommon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathy Casey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Margaret REDDY, Tullaghan, Roscommon Reply with quote

Trying to find any Ireland connections for the following:

My g-grandmother, Margaret REDDY (alternately spelled REIDY, RODDY, RUDDY, RIDDY in various documents here in the States) is listed as being from "Tullahan, Roscommon, Ireland" - info found on birth certificates for her twin dgts, circa 1904, in Stamford, CT. Marriage certificate for Fred W. BUTTER and Margaret REDDY - 2 Apr 1902, Bridgeport, CT - lists Margaret's father's name JOHN, mother Jane SPARKS. Margaret REDDY dob 5 Jan 1880 - unsubstantiated - listed on her death certificate.

Margaret date of death - 14 Aug 1951, Bridgeport, CT. Cause of death resulted from falling accident 9 Aug 1951. Buried at St. Michael's Cemetery in Stratford, CT. Family plot for BUTTER lists Fred W. Butter (died 1919), Margaret REDDY Butter (died 1951), William RICH (died 1934) and Jennie REDDY Rich (died 1934). Evidence from Jennie REDDY Rich death cert shows same father and mother as Margaret, so I'm presuming they were sisters. Informant for Jennie death was Mrs. Mary Gorman, 418 Warren St., Bridgeport, CT.

Margaret REDDY Butter obit states she was survived by 2 nieces, Mrs. Jennie GILL and Mrs. Bridget GILL, both of Bridgeport, CT.

I'm traveling to Ireland at the end of the month and will be doing further research, both in Dublin, as well as Roscommon, but thought I would see if any of this info was familiar to any lister.

mar sin leat, beannacht liebh

storykat@optonline.net

Tom Voyles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Margaret REDDY, Tullaghan, Roscommon Reply with quote

Kathy,
I found Tullaghan as a townland name in Kilcorkey
Parish on the Griffith's page on this website.

At my LDS library this week I looked at the Civil
Registration birth index for the 1880 birth of
Margaret Reddy. I found three Margaret Reddy's born
that year in Ireland, but only one was born in Co.
Roscommon She was born in the second quarter of
the year in Castlerea Registration District (which
includes Kilcorkey Parish). Her birth registration,
and its information, will be found on page 107 of
volume 4 of 1880 second quarter births. LDS has
volume 4 and it is on microfilm: FHL 0256054 or
0256055. My experience has been that when a volume
is too large for one microfilm that Co. Roscommon
is usually on the first reel (in this case, 0256054).
You can order this/these films from Salt Lake for
loan to your local LDS library to have a look at
Margaret's birth registration.

Good luck,
Tom Voyles

ntvoyles@netzero.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: