Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

margaret clancy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sue whitwell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: margaret clancy Reply with quote

I'm trying to track down my GGGrandmother. To date I've discovered that she was born in County Roscommon about 1833-1843. Death certificate says her mother's first name was Margaret and her father was a stonemason. She was married in1856 in Paramatta Australia to William Henry White whom the marriage certificate says was born in New York America, she was a servant and he a labourer. They moved to New Zealand where all their children were born. I don't know if either of them had other family that went to Australia with them

suewhitwell@xtra.co.nz

Brian Wynn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: margaret clancy Reply with quote

Sue, your e-mail address would not work for me.

I see from the Australian records that the marriage of William Henry White and Margaret Clancy in 1856 was at St Patrick's RC Church in Paramatta, NSW.

The only Irish record for a Margaret Clancy born in the mid-1830s that I could find was this (VRI) one:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CLANCEY, Margarittam Christening
Christening Date: 5 Nov 1835 Recorded in: Killucan and ballinameen, Roscommon, Ireland
Collection: Roman Catholic
Father: Danielis CLANCEY
Mother: Catherinae GANNON
Source: FHL Film 989741 Dates: 1833 - 1850
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mother in this case is Catherine, so you can probably rule this one out.

The only marriage of a Clancy male to a Margaret I could find in the VRI is this one. It's a bit early. However, if you are sure about the mother's name being Margaret, it is possibly relevant:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CLANCY, Thomam Marriage
Wife: Margaritam FORD
Marriage Date: 19 Sep 1816 Recorded in: Boyle, Roscommon, Ireland
Collection: Roman Catholic
Source: FHL Film 989743 Dates: 1808 - 1864
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

brianfw@ozemail.com.au

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: