Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

McDonnell/Lambert/Norton

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn McDonnell Mielcarek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: McDonnell/Lambert/Norton Reply with quote

My gggrandfather was Thomas McDonnell, born somewhere around 1810-1815. I do not know where he was born, or who his parents where. He married Mary Lambert and had 9 children. I believe 4-5 children were born in Strokestown, or somewhere in Roscommon, Co. Both Thomas and Mary were from this area. They came to the USA, sometime in the late 1830's or early 1840's .John McDonnell, their son, was born in the United States. He married Mary Norton around 1873, in Sharon Wisconsin. Her parent were John Norton, born in 1826 in Roscommon county. He married Elizabeth Hawley. I believe this is the last name. I would like to find the eventual heritage of these people. I am sorry to be so vague. If any of this sounds familiar, please email me at miell@worldnet.att.net.

miell@worldnet.att.net

Tom Voyles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: McDonnell/Lambert/Norton Reply with quote

Lynn,
Since You have reason to believe that at least some of
Thomas and Mary's children were born in the Strokestown
area, you might want to go to an LDS library and order
microfilm: FHL 0989745. It is the parish register for
Strokestown, and it begins in 1842. It might contain
the baptisms of some of those children.

Maybe worth a try....
Tom Voyles

ntvoyles@netzero.net

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: