Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

conry family tree

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patricia feeney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: conry family tree Reply with quote

to mr bligh i would like to introduce my self as miss patricia feeney i have conry ancestry but i am not sure if we are related my greatgrandmother was sarah conry she was born in derryquick near tuskl village she married john feeney and they had six children her farthers name was also john conry. but i don't know where they came from. would you or could you tell me where granabohan is and i think that my greatgrandmother was born in 1851.

i would be very greatfull for your help in helping to trace my family
tree.

patricia feeney. feeneypatricia@hotmail.com

feeneypatricia@hotmail.com

kat woodring

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: conry family tree Reply with quote

Ms. Feeny

I had the Family History Library microfilm for the Parish of Cam and Kiltoom last year. There were tons of Conry's listed with marriage and christening records 1840-1870's. This is near Athlone. I may have some xeroxed with my family pages. Let me know if you're interested.

@yahoo.com

patricia feeney

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: conry family tree Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: Ms. Feeny

: I had the Family History Library microfilm for the Parish of Cam and Kiltoom last year. There were tons of Conry's listed with marriage and christening records 1840-1870's. This is near Athlone. I may have some xeroxed with my family pages. Let me know if you're interested.

to mrs kat woodring i would be very greatfull for anything on the conry family as far as i know my greatgrandmother sarah conry was actually born in derryquick in tuskl stokestown but i don't know where her farther john had come from. but i know that she had married in 1871. so she must have been born in 1851. but yes if you have any births deaths or marriges on the conrys this would be greatly appecited. i still wonder or whether i am putting my hopes to high if i am an ancester of captian bligh this would be really great.

thankyou once again for your help in helping to trace my family tree.

where is Athlone.

yours sincerly patricia.

feeneypatricia@hotmail.com

kat woodring

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: conry family tree Reply with quote

No problem, Patricia.
I'm not sure how much you know about research on the web, so I hope I'm not making this sound too elementary for you. If your experienced, ignore the following and skip to the end of my message.

How familiar are you with this website? IF not very familiar, read below to see some Conry info. The first time I stumbled here, I had some great help to learn how to use it.
If you go to main page http://www.leitrim-roscommon.com
and scroll down to 1901 Census and "click" on this link, then scroll again to bottom of page and "search" you come to a search field window.
I typed in Barony "Athlone", pulled down "County Roscommon" and typed "head of household" CONRY. When I clicked search, up came five Conry families in 1901 still living in this part of Roscommon Co. (These places are near to my ancestors.)
If you are not familiar with all the PLACE names in Ireland, go back to main page on this site and use the IreAtlas or L-R Townland database to see some great maps. You can plug in any of the correct names in the right window and search for the Conry name.
While you only get 1901 data, it does help to get confirmation of the family names in a region. Another database to check on this site is the Griffith's link. Here you need to type your placename and surname. You will only get the head of household (usually male) but this puts us closer in time, about 1856-57.

From there I went to a a very famous website:
http://www.familysearch.org
here you can search for your person's first and last name and specify
"Ireland" in the search windows. Sometimes you hit paydirt! Look in particular for any names and placenames connected to them

I borrowed the parish register records from the Family History Library (Church of Latter-day Saints)in a nearby town. (I'm in the U.S.) It costs about $4 here per microfilm roll.

If you email me at my address (click on my name), I can try to look up the Conry names in the pages I printed. But first I would look in the family search, Griffiths and 1901 census databases to narrow down some dates or townlands if you don't have birth, death or marriage dates. There are some names that are unusual but the Irish had a lot of Johns, Catherines, Bridgets, etc...!

katwoodring@yahoo.com

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: