Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index Leitrim-Roscommon
Leitrim-Roscommon Genealogy Bulletin Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Surname Search
Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index

family roots

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martina cullinan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: family roots Reply with quote

micheal cullinan ballinagare was my grandfather. he was married to a catherine regan from eden fairymount. he had a brother patrick. he also had 2 other brothers who emigrated to america- andy and frank. he was a member of the old i.r.a. my father married rona duffy from lissinanny whose father was john from moyne and whose mother was mamie brennan from leam boyle. any long lost relations out there?

Peter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: family roots Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: micheal cullinan ballinagare was my grandfather. he was married to a catherine regan from eden fairymount. he had a brother patrick. he also had 2 other brothers who emigrated to america- andy and frank. he was a member of the old i.r.a. my father married rona duffy from lissinanny whose father was john from moyne and whose mother was mamie brennan from leam boyle. any long lost relations out there?

Yes Bartley Cullinan lives in Lissinany,Ballinagare, Co Roscommon with his family. He has a brother Frank and at least two sisters.Bartley and Frank were both outstanding footballers in their day. The above address will get them.

amesresearch@hotmail.com

martina cullinan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: family roots Reply with quote

to peter thanks. my uncle bartley lives in ballinagare. my father frank is in lissinanny. they have 4 sisters.

Anne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: family roots Reply with quote

" micheal cullinan ballinagare was my grandfather.---- he also had 2 other brothers who emigrated to america- andy and frank. he was a member of the old i.r.a."
Martina,
I am not a long-lost relative, but your message caught my attention. I have a distinct recollection that an Andy Cullinan was numbered among my parents' friends and acquaintances from their youth in Ireland. My mother would be the one who knew Andy. She was born in 1901 and attended school in Ballinagare. My guess is that around 1940, 1950, Andy probably resided in Essex County, New Jersey (possibly the town of East Orange). Other possible northern New Jersey counties would be Union, Hudson, Passaic. A bit more remote possibilities are Morris and Bergen counties or even New York City's environs.
Anne

murphnpop@juno.com

martina cullinan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: family roots Reply with quote

anne thanks. your mother was from ballinagare. what was her name as my father must have known her

Anne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: family roots Reply with quote

(User Above) wrote:

: My mother was Frances O'Hara. Her home was outside of Ballinagare, but she attended school there.
: anne thanks. your mother was from ballinagare. what was her name as my father must have known her

martina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: family roots Reply with quote

my father says that o haras lived up in fallmore and thinks that they were far out relations of the cullinans. frank another brother of andys went to america too any word of him?andy was married to a sharkey from ballinmeen. frank married a margaret higgins from ballinagare.

Anne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: family roots Reply with quote

Martina,
Your father has correctly identified my mother's family. I am interested in communicating with you directly. Please e-mail me at murphnpop@juno.com
Anne

: my father says that o haras lived up in fallmore and thinks that they were far out relations of the cullinans. frank another brother of andys went to america too any word of him?andy was married to a sharkey from ballinmeen. frank married a margaret higgins from ballinagare.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Leitrim-Roscommon Forum Index -> Leitrim-Roscommon Old Archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: